How we do business in today’s global economy is much different than generations before. It used to be that companies employed the reinvention model to build new market opportunities. A costly and timely method which required a business to invest thirty percent of revenue per year for five years.
In today's business world, the reinvention method no longer applies nor is it practical for any business wanting to compete and survive. What we see time and again is that innovation comes from beyond your typical boundaries. It's not as easy as dropping a pill in water and sitting back while the business grows itself. Rather, practical innovative creativity comes from consistent thinking and sound process.
Practical innovation is at the heart of the Catalyst methodology. We approach each client engagement with rationale to identify logical market insertion points and/ or new market opportunities for your business. At Catalyst we believe practical and cost effective innovation partnerships are a must for any client who is serious about seeding market opportunities for which their business can capitalize on.
Brand Convergence, "The New Normal"
Our methodology leverages a client's businesses core competencies with other brands, combining strengths of one or more partners to accelerate time to market, increase customer touch points and leverage mutual install bases. It's what economists are referring to as "The New Normal".
We help our clients achieve this by working internally with corporate executives and steering committees to provide market connectivity at the upper echelons of corporations, enabled through an elite network of highly placed, empowered industry executives known as The Catalyst Fellow Network. Each fellow resides within select markets of desire and provides a human centric value proposition preconditioned to assist, and applied as actionable relationships outside company lines and across markets.
Industry Advisory Board Program (IAB)
Industry executives from the Fellow Network are hand picked by Catalyst to form your Industry Advisory Board (IAB). They are a critical component to the process of uncovering the potential for your business, creating business concepts that result in new business advisement cases. Each IAB member provides inside knowledge and outside connections, leveraged to accelerate market penetration and promote growth for your business. Injecting this form of live, voice-of-the-market practicality accelerates a clients business roadmap beyond traditional approaches of business realignment and revenue re-investment.
The Catalyst IAB program brings outside brand officers inside to evangelize markets and partner innovations. It connects three mission critical elements to establishing your companies own internal venue for practical innovation to emerge and take hold.
- Internal Corporate Steering Committee
- Industry Advisory Boards
- Catalyst Fellow Network
Entrepreneur in Residence Program (EIR)
The Entrepreneur in Residence (EIR) program provides execution to the IAB advisement cases. The EIR team is chartered with establishing and building digital business models around a set of core capabilities (Smart Digital Core) from within your business. The Entrepreneur in Residence Program ensures the IAB's vision a client's
Smart Digital Operation. Each EIR team is comprised of one-to-five executives from world class commercial brands, with Catalyst providing managed oversight.
Catalyst Service Model
Operating outside typical vendor-to-supplier boxes, the Catalyst Service model is ancillary to a client's internal capability. Our method is designed to increase a client's outbound market strategy from every business perspective: sales, business development, marketing, and alliances.
Catalyst employs a five step process or finding and creating high strategic value company opportunities executed by skilled industry leadership known for entrepreneurial qualities.
- Discovery - Catalyst works with clients to define strategic core business needs and goals. Together, we identify existing assets and resources available to incorporate into the Strategic Value Creation Program which makes up the Smart Digital Core fabric of capability.
- IAB Forms - Catalyst selects IAB options from the Catalyst Fellow Network of 500+ industry executives to sit. Each member resides within market segments representing hot market trends. (see IAB Program)
- IAB Collaborates - Catalyst and the IAB work with client's to flush out commercial options, brand partnerships and market trends reflecting revenue opportunities ripe for the business to capitalize on and accelerate growth. For clients operating established markets the IAB looks to conceive new business models and submits business proposals for EIR Program execution.
- EIR Incubates New Business - New digital business models are established for a client’s Smart Digital Core business innovation. The EIR team works closely with the client to incubate the new business model under the direction of Catalyst. (see EIR Program)
- IPO or Liquidity Event - At a predetermined life cycle point of the new business, the EIR team takes the new business external for outside funding or a liquidity event such as an IPO. While the clients business remains a major stakeholder with the now external business held as a balance sheet asset.